john

Ronnie wrote:

I'm tired of trying to find 1/2" thin wall, round tubing (not pipe). It
was suggested locally that I try using rigid EMT electrical conduit.
Anyone use this for projects? I don't know why it won't work; it
doesn't appear to be galvanized. The best part is .26 cents a foot
versus $3.00 a foot for mailorder tubing.

Ronnie

Just to note that rigid pipe is not EMT. EMT is electric metalic
tubing and is thin wal3ed galvenized tubing and is easy to bend by hand
with the proper bender. Rigid is pipe and is heavy walled and has
threaded ends. It comes in aluminum as well as steel.

They will look at you funny if you ask for rigid EMT, except at Lowes.

John