James Lerch

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 11:31:20 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

After finding faults of one sort or another with the other models I
tried this one:

I have the one above as well, and LOVEit.

Sveral time while sitting down for dinner, SWMBO has told me its "OK
to take of your helmet hunny" and I'm like.. Helmet? OH yea.. Whoops!
(Of course the helmet is in the "Up" position, and I just forgot about
it..)

I do a lot of Tig on aluminum welding, and this helmet is SOO much
better than the old standard one. With the old one, I often found
myself just striking an arc any old place, and dragging the arc over
to where I needed it :0

And yes, it is hard to break the "Lift the helmet after the bead is
done" trick

As far as a disclaimer, I've never tried welding with one of those
'Fancy" (and Expensive) auto darkening helmets, so maybe I'm missing
something. To date, I've burned thru 4 pounds of Al filler rod and
1-1/2 tanks of argon and both eyeballs see to work as well as before..

Take Care,
James Lerch
http://lerch.no-ip.com/atm (My telescope construction, Testing, and Coating site)

Press on: nothing in the world can take the place of perseverance.
Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.
Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts.
Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.
Calvin Coolidge