Mike

Default Electrical advice please. confused light switchesŠ

Hi, and thanks for stopping by,

Let's see if I can define the problem so that it makes sense to both of
usŠ

My house, built around 1940, has a split entry entrance. Go 8 steps up
to the upper floor, or, 8 steps down to the lower floor.

The entry landing has one grouping of 4 light switches.
1 to turn on/off the coat closets' light a few feet away.
1 to turn on/off the porch light a few feet away.
1 to turn on/off the entryways' inside light.
1 to turn on/off the light at the bottom of the lower floors'
stairs.

At the top of the stairway there is a group of 2 light switches:
1 to turn on/off the entryways' light
(1 to turn on/off the upper floors' hallways' light.)

At the bottom of the stairway there is a group of 2 light switches.
1 to turn on/off the light at the bottom of the lower floors'
stairs.
(1 to turn on/off the lower floor hallway light.)

Betcha you can guess what the approaching question is. :-)

How in the world do I get them to all work as they should all at the
same time? (For example, the lower floor landing light turns on/off
only if the coat closet light (which doesn't work btw, is set to
off...)

Any and all helpful advice will be cherished. Thank you.

Mike