davexnet02

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 21:47:22 GMT, Tom MacIntyre
wrote:

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 18:47:23 GMT, davexnet02
wrote:

Hello,
I'm trying to diagnose a fault that just developed,
I get sound, and I can feel/here the static electricy
that's generated on the screen when it's turned on.
The screen remains black.

I took the back off the TV and I can see that all
of the neck filamants are unlit.

Please advise. This is a 1992 Sony 27 inch XBR
(kv27-xbr35) Thanks for any assistance.

Dave

Have you checked the IK voltage on the CRT board? If .6 or so, the CRT
likely has a weak cathode. If 2.2 or so, there is likely another
problem.

Tom

HI Tom,
how is this measured? Presumably the black is grounded somewhere
while the red is put on the test point.
Should the TV be set to normal viewing conditions (STANDARD
setting)
Thanks,
Dave