George

"arw01" wrote in message
oups.com...
http://alan.firebin.net/images/cab_stripes1.jpg

http://alan.firebin.net/images/cab_stripes2.jpg

It was suggested on another mailing list to just sand the ply. I would
rather find a conditioner or like to know if I cut Zinser 3lb clear
shellac down to like 1/2# or 1/4# if that would "solve" the
manufacturing problem when the sheets were made?

Admitedly this dialup guy didn't wait for them to load completely, but are
you referring to the case-hardened areas (lighter, because less absorbent)
left you by the big drum sander? If so, try setting them up with water
prior to sanding.

An alcohol-based sealer would help on two levels, slowing absorbtion in the
non-burnished, and giving a mild water set to the burnished and hardened.