Gerald Miller

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 07:07:25 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

No, tell everyone, but let them know that you charge for your
time, no ifs/ands/buts, and that the price depends upon your
mood and your current level of free time. Set a $20 minimum and
scare away 90% of them. Cheapskates are _very_ sensitive to that.
If anyone gives you any guff, immediately tell them you won't have
time for it until the second Tuesday of January, 2213. Being a jerk
to arseholes can be FUN! Just remember: they need you, you don't need
them.

One time I told a customer that I would be able to look at her problem
"a year from next Christmas" When she called me near the appointed
date I was so impressed with her patience that I did the job "no
charge"
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada