Kelly Jones

Thanks. Lots of good info. I spent the day playing with the machine. The
first thing I did was to reset the tool height like Phants suggested and got
an immediate improvement. Then I chucked up some 6160T6511 I got at the
local scrap yard. It turns beautify. I also experimented with some
internal turning / boring. Learned quickly that the thickness of the tool
was greater than the width (i.e. it started rubbing). Thought I really
screwed up, but I hit the emergency stop fast enough and everything still
looks OK.
I am surprised that the machine came with carbide inserts, but I am not
complaining. Is there a way to tell by looking?
I've got center drills and a cut off tool on order. Should be here within a
week. The machine came with a quick change tool post. Thanks again for the
info.