Nick Hull

In article ,
Old Nick wrote:

(1) I have just purchased a wireless SecurePro burglar alarm. In an
unusually rash moment (we had been broken into for the 3rd time) I
bought without my usual obsessive research. Needless to say I now find
I am not happy. Reponse from the vendor has been umm...

I use a home made system, it notifies ME when something happens v ia
pager and tells me exactly what happened. No 'professionals' involved.
Have been using it sucessfully for 20 years.

(3) My main problem is that the PIRs have two modes. Test and Working.
You stick them on a wall in a likely place and in Test mode you walk
around and they flick on and off to show a "catch".

I keep my PIRs in test mode all the time and trigger from that. Hard
wired, no battery problem.

--
Free men own guns, slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/