On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 13:46:55 -0500, someone wrote:

This is my first winter in my new home...

Just new to you, or new construction? If new construction, the
builder should GET HIS ASS DOWN THERE and fix this mess. It aint
right. And BTW, what the problem with tearing open the garage ceiling
to work on this NOW? You can put the insulation back, even the gyp
board, and just not tape it until Spring.

In the meantime, glycol. It does have its downsides, but in our area
many people - including us - have it - rural area with relatively
frequent power outages.

Good luck,

-v.