James Sweet

"gsale2k" wrote in message
oups.com...
Is it possible to fix by myself?

It's good to hear that the picture tubes are still fine. I just checked
the goodguys.com site. It costs $200/tube.

I also called local SONY authorized repairers. It costs $360 flat rate
+ parts. Ouch!

Whether it's possible to fix yourself depends on your level of knowledge,
selection of tools, experience, and the depth of the fault. The tubes are
*probably* ok, it's never a guarrantee, but if the picture was good before
it failed then chances are they're fine, they normally wear out gradually
getting dimmer and fuzzier. If you're not sure where to start then you
should probably call around to local shops as it's easy to turn a small
problem into a much bigger assortment of problems while throwing money at
the thing bit by bit until you've spent more than it would have cost to have
a pro fix it.