Tom MacIntyre

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 22:13:27 GMT, "John Keiser"
wrote:

My wife's 17 inch monitor works fine if its used daily. If its been off for
a week or so, it takes about 1/2 hour to gradually come from a black screen
to full brightness.

I assume this a a sign of a bad capacitor. Since the problem resolves
fairly quickly I expect I will have a problem finding the real culprit
without changing out a whole lot unnecessarily..

Should I suspect something in the power supply or one of the caps in the CRT
filiment circuit?

That's the first place I'd look...could be a bad capacitor, or even a
bad connection.

Tom

Thanks for any tips.