James Sweet

"gsale2k" wrote in message
oups.com...
The TV is SONY KP43T75 projection TV, bought in 11/2000. It worked very
nicely for the past few years. The average use is about 8 ~ 10 hours a
day.

Symptoms:

1. Since a few month ago, the TV started to show ghost image.
2. Yesterday, the TV suddenly had blurry images. All images including
menu prompt text on the screen were blurry.
3. I turned it off and then turned it on. The image is till blurry.
4. After 10 minutes, I turned it on. I heard a click sound and the TV
went completely dead.

I am only *guessing* that the problem is due to extended use. Some
parts just weared out, e.g. the picture tube.
Can any expert on this group post some ideas? Thanks a lot!

G.

The picture tubes (there's 3 of them) are probably just fine, if the image
was blurry the focus divider block may have failed, the click was probably
something arcing and shorting the horizontal output transistor. That's why
it's important to get a malfunction looked at immediately rather than
continuing to use it.