Stormin Mormon

And there should be a pressure safety valve and a dump pipe. In the
Rochester NY area, th ere are safety valves on every home, and a dump pipe
in case the system is over pressurized.

Back in the 50's we had a system over pressurized, and hurt a lot of people.

--

Christopher A. Young
This space intentionally left blank

"John Hines" wrote in message
Matt wrote:

My question is.. is this even safe? TO run 50 pounds per square inch
into 1/2 a pound per square inch device? With the regulator inside the
building??

Yes. Usually they will put them outside, as it is easier to meter read
and repair, but they can go inside. The regulator drops the pressure
back down for the inside piping, so it works just like it always has.

The regulator is a simple mechanical device, they are very reliable.