gsale2k

Default How to fix broken Sony KP43T75 projection TV?

The TV is SONY KP43T75 projection TV, bought in 11/2000. It worked very
nicely for the past few years. The average use is about 8 ~ 10 hours a
day.

Symptoms:

1. Since a few month ago, the TV started to show ghost image.
2. Yesterday, the TV suddenly had blurry images. All images including
menu prompt text on the screen were blurry.
3. I turned it off and then turned it on. The image is till blurry.
4. After 10 minutes, I turned it on. I heard a click sound and the TV
went completely dead.

I am only *guessing* that the problem is due to extended use. Some
parts just weared out, e.g. the picture tube.
Can any expert on this group post some ideas? Thanks a lot!

G.