jim rozen

In article dWrAd.11857$tG3.2944@trnddc02, Jerry Martes says...

JKeagle

I had expected to read a response from you concerning your more exact
needs regarding this "phase converter". Your project interests me, but it is
unclear if you are hoping for a donation, or if you have interest in
developing a power source for the sirens.
I'm pretty sure you could power your sirens with a much smaller rotary
converter. It could be a real learning project for some electrically
inclined young scout. I'd expect a little (5 HP) idler at each siren could
make all the sound you'd ever need.
If this *is* a real project where only the "results" (siren sounds) is the
goal, and no *overseeing specification writing group* of people need to be
satisfied, I'd voluntere my time and materials to a task like this. I'd
even bring some parts.

Hmm. Yep, why does this project sound like one of those "no good
deed goes unpunished" kind of thing?

1) a hit-n-run request, giving an absolute requirement, with no apparent
justification.

2) absolutely no follow-up post to the folks who took the time to make
comments.

3) absolutely no further technical information about the project.

4) governmental participation....

Jim

please reply to: