Ian Stirling

Default Replacement DC plug for laptop needed

Tim Downie wrote:
Dave Plowman wrote:
In article ,
Tim Downie wrote:
I've already done the hard part which was to strip out the
motherboard and resolder the socket connections. For the cost of a
plug, it's far far easier (and less stressful) to do it myself.

If you were going that far, it might have been worth replacing both
plug and socket with a matching pair from Maplin etc.

I realise that *now* but a the time I wasn't entirely sure that that was
where the problem lay. I wasn't entirely sure that I'd remember how to put
the darn thing back together again if I left it in bits for too long. My
brain can only memorise where a zillion screws and other components go for
so long. ;-)

Digital cameras are really handy.
Even at relatively low resolution.

Take a bit of polystyrene, take a picture of screw you'r going to remove,
push it in polystyrene, take a picture of the screw.
Repeat until disassembled.
This gets you pictures of where every screw goes, to reassemble you simply