jtaylor

"Hans van Dongen" wrote in message

FWIW, I took apart the spindle of my Meyer & Burger UW1 machine, which
has tapered roller bearings; a 32208 (ISO p5) in front and a 32207 (p6)
in the rear. That translates to ABEC 5 and 3, respectively. Not "ultra
high precision", but enough to be special order and approx. 5x more
expensive than standard (the front bearing, that is). They're not
mounted back-to-back, though.

That might clear up a bit of a surprise I got a while ago when I went
looking for a bearing for the $30 circular saw. They fellow behind the
counter said "do you want the cheap one or the expensive one" I asked (I've
been bit before) "what's the difference". The cheap one was something like
$3, made in asia somewhere. The expensive one was over $15, SKF brand.

No points for guessing which one the saw got.