mac davis

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 01:15:13 GMT, B A R R Y
wrote:

Barry... IMHO, if you can get a refund for the legs, go for it..
you can build a rolling stand with storage for less than the price of
the legs..

Esteemed wood turners,

I'm the "normal" woodworker who posted questions a few weeks back.
You've answered them so well, I'll ask some more. G

I bought the Jet mini, extension, and stand. After assembling it
tonight, the lathe definitely does not fit the stand with the
extension in place. Does anyone see any negatives of me building a
heavy hardwood / MDF platform to mount the extended lathe to the stock
stand? Any better ideas?

My local library had Raffan's "Turning Wood" and Dunbar's "Wood
Turning for Cabinet Makers". Dunbar's book seems to be exactly what
I'm looking for at the moment, Raffia's book seems like a great
reference spindle and foot turning.

I still don't have any turning tools, as I've enrolled in a local
turning class that starts 1/5. In class, I'll get to try all sorts of
tools, which should help me decide which ones to buy first. However,
I've messed around with bench chisels and some scrap mahogany squares
I have laying around, and I think the bug is biting. Turning is so
quiet, and it's amazing how a work piece develops! G

Thanks for all the help so far!

Barry

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing