Andy Cuffe

On 28 Dec 2004 16:29:19 -0800, wrote:

Can anyone confirm this? Not that i do not trust you, but i have a
30-day warranty on the monitor and need to be sure before it expires,
and this monitor is in perfect condition excluding this issue.

I currently own 3 21" Sony monitors and all of them are noticeably
brighter when first turned on (black looks light grey), but stabilize
after about 10 min. I've repaired at least a dozen Sony monitors of
this vintage and all of them behaved the same way.

I can understand your hesitation. I'm surprised they don't design
them not to do this. I've thought about trying to track down the
cause, but never had the time.

Do a google groups search and you'll find a lot of comments about the
"brightness fade" on sony monitors going all the way back to the
GDM-500PS.
Andy Cuffe