Searcher

I tip my hat to you sir, for that is a gloat withstanding to none!
Rich
"John Moorhead" wrote in message
m...
Folks -

It finally happened! I've got a gloat! This gal in my woodshop class has
had a mess of tools and things in storage back east for several years.
Anyway, she finally went back and got them all shipped out and had NO room
for many of the items. I've helped her in the past, cutting down plywood,
doing grunt work for her, she's just a slip of a thing, and has tested
postive for AARP....

She has a Porter Cable Tiger Saw, about 3 cuts away from new, a Milwaulkee
1/2" BEEFY angle head drill, a Senco 2" finish nailer, and a Craftsman
Stationary Drill press. She wanted me to have them for Rose and I going
over to her place and assembling an huge old bookcase! Whooeee! I didn't
say no!

So, we got the booty home, and I was checking things out... All this
stuff was NEW - the power cords still had their twist ties and talcum on
them. Though I am always on the lookout for a good deal, this was a bit
over the top. I knew that she knew what the stuff was worth, but I called
her anyway and told her that I'd consider it that I was just "storing" it
for her until she got things better organised - I didn't want to take
advantage of a situation. She was thankful, and very gracious, but was
very sure she wanted me to have it. She explained that she'd tried to
sell some of her other tooling, only to get a pittance for it, and she'd
have more satisfaction knowing that it went to someone who would use it
and appreciate it. In closing, she said she had a "whole bunch" of Freud
router bits that she wanted to give to me, once she found them.

Sometimes fortune favors the foole!

John Moorhead