davexnet02

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 22:26:40 -0500, "Jerry G."
wrote:

I would still think you should have the set properly checked by a tech who
is experienced with the model series of Sony set that you have.

Things like the power supply, scans, and power supply should be properly
checked. There is a procedure for setting up the G2 voltage. The details
should be in the service manual for your set. If it a little low, it is not
going to be bad for the CRT, but if it is high, it will accelerate its
deteriation, due to excessive beam current.

You may still have an intermittant solder connection in the set, or
something that is mechanicaly not right, going by how you described that it
came back to life, and is reacting now. This should be properly checked.

Take care about the safety issues when working on TV sets. This is most
important for yourself.

Hi Jerry,
thanks for the feedback. I do have the service manual,
but I don't have, nor am I versed in the operation of,
an oscilloscope. Must admit, it would be good to have
it and know how to use it.
There's another setting, sub-contrast (SPIX), that also
requires a scope to set it.

I *did* have a tech repair the powersupply 4 months ago,
but he did not check the alignment. I believe this is the
source of many of the problems I've experienced since.
Such as excesively high brighness and contrast.

Dave