Martin H. Eastburn

James Lerch wrote:
On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 13:38:38 GMT, "Ebby"
wrote:

Well done! I have been reading about this process from time to time and
wondering how difficult it would be to build my own oven. I wonder how
large an oven could be built as I was thinking of doing a tubular steel
fuselage. The length is 16' x 5' tail height and 30" width. I was thinking
of a one-off box with reflective material inside.

Well, I read of one company that was / is converting old cargo
containers into powder coat ovens... No idea how much power it would
take to properly heat the thing in a reasonable amount of time, but...

400 degrees is below the
combustion temp of wood and with reflective material inside. Maybe a small
fan for circulation of air along the lines of a convection oven. Thanks for
getting me thinking about this again.

Carefull, once you have a powder coating oven, EVERYTHING looks like a
potential powder coat project

(for instance, as I spoke with my wife "Honey, these door knobs are
looking a little ugly, you want them chromed, gold, metal flaked, or
some other color

Take Care,
James Lerch
http://lerch.no-ip.com/atm (My telescope construction, Testing, and Coating site)

Cargo Container - now power coat car and truck fenders and hoods or the whole car!
Martin

--
Martin Eastburn, Barbara Eastburn
@ home at Lion's Lair with our computer