Jeff Cochran

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 18:50:20 -0500, "William Deans"
wrote:

I would like to build my own stone home, with my own hands, on my own land,
with my own money (not the bank's) meeting modern safety and energy
standards. Alas, I am told that I cannot because I am not a licensed this or
that or the other and they will not let me pull the permits. I assure you
that the home I would build for myself would be a work of pride exceeding
all standards of workmanship and materials.

This has been a dream in my life. What suggestions do you have for me?

Assuring me does no good. You have to assure the powers that be in
your area, often by providing proof of licensing.

Or you could move to where there are no regulations.

Jeff