Default Installing security lights in eaves

Hello-

I have a single-floor ranch style house and would like to install a
couple of security lights on the front and back of the house. Most of
the instructions I read for installing security lights begin with the
words "Remove the existing fixture" which I do not have. Anyway, I went
up to the roof and unless I shrink down to my size at roughly age 6,
there is no way I am going to get any wiring box between the roof and
the eave top from the roof side.

Right now I'm thinking my best option is to cut out a roughly 1'x2'
section of the eave from the *BOTTOM*, nail a ceiling fixture box to
one of the exposed studs (with the appropriate amount of wire
attached), cut the appropriate hole and reattach the eave to the studs.

Question:
Is there a patently obvious and easier way to do this that I am
missing? Has anyone tried this before and found an easier way?
Thanks and Regards,

Roger