Stephen Dawson

"Kat" wrote in message
On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 07:32:17 GMT, (Anna Kettle)
wrote:

On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 17:19:38 -0000, ":::Jerry::::"
wrote:

Remember the smaller the vehicle the less weight you will be able to
carry
(legally).

My van is a Vauxhall Combo which is a boxy car derived van and it can
carry a ton(ne?) and a half cos it is the version with improved
suspension, so size isn't everything. At least that is what my ex said

Its too small for 8*4 sheets and three seater sofas but its fine for
dribs and drabs house move and for cement mixers. Ford stopped making
the Escort van a while ago and I guess that is cos builders have
discovered that the boxy shape vans are much easier to get stuff in
and out of than are estate car derived ones

Being car derived (the Corsa) its easy to drive and its cheap to run
too. I suggest you look at Combo or other manufacturers equivalent
Renault Trafic etc

Yes; it's certainly an option. I have owned an Escort Van and hired an
Astra van on occasion. Nice and small for parking but not as much room
as say a Hi-Ace or Vanette with about the same overall length.
Cheers,

Stay well away from Renaults, bloody expensive to keep on the road!!