west

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a Yamaha R-900 Receiver that has worked flawlessly up until
about a week ago.

About one out of four times that I switch it "on" the protective
circuit relay does not engage.

Also, if I leave it on for several hours, the receiver will shut down.
Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mark

You may have a component that breaks down with heat. Use a hair blow dryer
in the pertinent area. When the receiver shuts off, spray the area with
coolant, using the nozzle insert tube to focus on individual components. A
little practice and you can become a pro troubleshooting thermal problems.
Good luck and remember the aforementioned is only 1 possibility, but I
believe a good starting point. Good Luck and Happy New Year.
Cordially,
west