Doug Goulden

Chainsaw, prodigous amounts of smoke and swearing......... Nah never done
that
"LRod" wrote in message
On 28 Dec 2004 16:36:40 GMT, ojunk (SolteroDad)
wrote:

I am a hobbyist and I need a little help. Lately my trusty circular saw

has
begun to make erratic cuts. The blade warps after cutting about 1 1/2

feet
(even in soft pine). I originally thought it was the blade itself, so I
changed that, but the new blade also warped. I am using a skilsaw 5150.

Has a
bearing or bushing gone bad on me? Can I fix this or do I need to go buy

a new
saw?

Umm, now don't take this personally, because lots of people have done
it at one time or another (I'm not admittin' nuttin') but look at your
saw from the side where you can see the whole blade (or most of it).
Which way do the teeth go? If the teeth at the bottom point toward the
back of the saw, then you have it on backwards, and the symptoms
described above could apply. Take it off, turn it around, reinstall
it, and Bob's your uncle. Try it again.

- -
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net