Chuck Hoffman

Look here...http://www.city-net.com/albertfp/toxic.htm...especially the
fourth paragraph.

"J T" wrote in message
Mon, Dec 27, 2004, 3:09am (EST+5) (BKeane71) exclaims:
Hi, everybody.
I have recently made my nephew some blocks out of some spare planks I
had around the house, which are redwood (hey, they were free). What I
would like to know is, does anyone know of any poison precautions or
sensitivities people may have regarding this wood? He is 2 years old,
and I'm sure will be putting them in his mouth.

Might have been prudent to ask before you made them. Non-treated I
would hope.

A short google would have came up with.
http://www.wood-line.de/F/F02010101.htm

Other informtion, redwood is a sensitizer, supposedly toxic to
rabbits also reptiles (no loss there). Personally, I think I'd pick
some other wood to give a kid that's likely to chew on 'em - just in
case.

JOAT
Diplomacy is the act of saying, "Nice Doggie" till you can find a big
rock to bash in his skull.
- Unknown