hvsteve

The basement is about 50 by 30. The estimator says the black mold on
the wallboard is the toxic type. I don't recall the scientific name.
The wallboard is black about a third of the way up. There is also mold
in a number of places around the basement.There are shelves of things
that were stored down there. He claims anything we want to keep has to
be cleaned and wood or paper items should just go. The previous owner
built a room in the basement and,rather than replace the walls,flooring
and,possibly studs,I would as soon tear it out and use the space for
other things. He says the cinder block,painted walls show water damage
and should be cleaned and have sealer,not waterproofing,sprayed on
them. He made a big deal out of the process of bagging and removing
everything so as not to spread the mold. The flood happened earlier
this year but I did not put in an insurance claim as I figured I would
collect for cleanup only and don't like to have a record as a
"problem". Now,with the mold,I have contacted the claims department and
am waiting to hear if they are going to send an adjuster. With the
amount of money involved,I may also spring for a service that does mold
and water damage inspections but not repairs.