Hi,
To adjust the tracking on this camcorder probably involves changing the
position of the tracking guides usually #6 and 3 by loosening the
locking screws at the base of each guide and changing the position of
the guides.
HOWEVER if you do this it will be very difficult to return to the
proper adjustments without an alignment tape and the Track shift and
monitor jig J-16:J-6080-843-A which only an Sony tech would have. If
you'r interested in the adjustment procedure I can copy/scan and
send/email it to you. ( I only have the manuals for the V5 and V9 but
I think they're very simular.
Richard