U-CDK_CHARLES\\Charles

On 28 Dec 2004 11:58:54 -0800,
wrote:
I'm steering clear of premixed because all the books agree that it goes
bad in six months, and if the flakes I'm buying are possibly bad, I
can't even imagine how bad the situation is at home depot. I need help
to figure out if my current batch is salvageable and what I should do
differently with my next batch.

Bullseye has a "born on" date, and promises a 3-year shelf life.

I've never tried to push it, but it's cheap enough.

Flakes can go bad, but mixed shellac WILL go bad. My understanding is
that bad flakes are the result of too warm or damp a storage situation,
but I've never had bad flakes.