GregP

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 17:10:55 GMT, "Keith"
wrote:

I posted this a short while ago....It's just as scary, so here it is again.

I recently learned that two weeks ago an old friend almost lost his arm
above the wrist when his sleeve got caught by the chop saw blade, dragged
his arm in and cut it to just short of the tendons and main artery. His son
told me the arm was hanging down.....His father grabbed it and pushed it
against the other severed section, then ran across the street to get a
neighbor to call an ambulance.

I bought a 12" CMS recently and after using it a few times
I decided to attach a 10" length of 1 X 4 to the fence, about
10" to the left of the blade, 2.5" above the table, with the end
butted into the saw fence. This sets the minimum distance
from my hand to the blade and hopefully would put the 1X4
between me and the blade if something goes wrong. I'm
not sure that I'm not creating other problems by doing this;
let me know if you can think of any.