chrisc

Default wiring problem wioth loop in wiring and two way switching

I am in process of replacing two lights in my kitchen They are two sets
of spotlights wired via loopin wring. Additionally they are wired for
two way switching via a switch by backdoor and another switch by
kitchen door. I fitted these a few years ago and have not had any
problems. Ive purchased a couple of metal halogen spotlights and had
started to install them ensuring that erath continuity was maintained
to body of spots. However I am unable to oprate the switching. Turning
them on via consumer switch turns lights on but Iam unable to switch
off using either of the two switches. I have wired them exactly as
before but have noticed the following. The first light contais three
cables, one of which I presume is the switch cable, the second the
power cable. There is also a third which is presumably the link cable
for the two way switching since it uses a cable with four wires, two
of which are yellow and blue. The firt of the two switches has wires
matching this cable. So the wiring is as follows:

Live has a single red plus the yellow
Neutral has both the blue and a black.

Am I right in thinking that the black may be a switch cable. Any help
would be appreciated.

Chris