John Smith

Default Panasonic SA-HT70

Almost exactly a year from this previous post:

I've had a Panasonic SA-HT70 for about 2 years now, and it's been
great... Unfortunately it's just started to play up by trying to read
and saying

------then

0-----then

00----goto start

After about 5 times, it says "NO DISC". It does this for all DVDs and
audio CDs.

I hope this is just overheating (28 degrees inside right now) so I've
a fan on it with it unplugged but could it be anything else?

Thanks,
Dylan

b Dec 28 2003, 9:09 am show options

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.repair
From: (b) - Find messages by this
author
Date: 28 Dec 2003 09:09:53 -0800
Subject: Panasonic SA-HT70
Reply | Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Individual Message |

replace the loading belt driving the disc tray. clean mechanism.
this is not an expensive repair -certainly not exceding the cost of a
new unit.
-best take it to a shop

Ben

I have exactly the same problem. Does anyone know the part # for the
electronics, but without the part # there is very little we can do.

Thanks!

Attached Images