Duane Bozarth

Charlie Self wrote:

Duane Bozarth responds:

Charlie Self wrote:
... Redgum is colorful and far from soft. ...

Yes, but... Not hard in the sense of hard maple, though...

Unfortunately, as followup, I couldn't find my copy of Hoadley last
night...

No, but hard maple is soft compared to some other woods (mesquite and jarrah
and ipe among a large group). I'm not really sure where red gum falls on the
Janke scale, ...

I know, but as a single generality (which was all I was doing) I'd lump
red gum as one of the "softer" vis a vis "harder" hard woods...it is,
however, one of the more variable specie in properties...