Chris Hill

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 23:04:24 +0000 (UTC), wrote:

We are having some problems with the AC in our house and I wonder if
some of you can give me some idea what might be causing it.

We first noticed it to be lights flickering, and I thought it might be
some neighbor using some heavy equipment or something. Then a few days
ago while working on the computer I noticed my DSL modem and router
just power cycled for no reason.

So I went out and bought a UPS, and at night during 8-12pm, I can see
the UPS kicking in every now and then and goes back to AC power. So
something's wrong.

You have a bad neutral somewhere. First of all, ask around to se if
your neighbors have the same problem. If so, contact the utility
asap; if not get an electrician to your house to check out your
breaker box. My parents just had this happen last week. They called
the electri company who blew it off until my parents found out the
neighbors were having the same problem and called them back.