Speedy Jim

Default Small leaks in roof

PGG wrote:
Hello. I just peaked into my attic and I noticed some drips here and there. I live in Wisconsin and we currently
have a quarter-inch of snow on the hip-style asphalt shingle roof.

What is funny is that I did some significant work up there during the
summer and during heavy rain storms, there were no leaks.

Please advise. How do I repair these? It seems impossible to do any kind
of roof work when the slooped roof is covered with snow!

Help!

Could it be condensation? It's not uncommon for moisture in the
attic to condense on the cold roof surfaces, form ice, and then
melt again when the attic gets a bit warmer.

Go up there on a very cold day and look for frost formation.
And if you have frost it may indicate excessive humidity in attic.

Jim