Swingman

"Duane Bozarth" wrote in message
Swingman wrote:

"Duane Bozarth" wrote in message

Just out of curiousity, which town on the eastern CO plains? We're
about 30 mi from CO line in SW KS.

Ahh ... Lamar, CO. You could smell it long before you got there.

Ahh...Ok, through there just a few weeks ago on way back home...Lamar,
Granada, Holly, Coolidge, Syracuse, Johnson City, ...

Had an Oil and Gas leasing crew in Lamar for the better part of two years
back in the early 80's, so I made one or two trips a month from Houston.
Mostly flew to Amarillo and drove up through that little bit of OK in a rent
car, but occasionally flew to Denver and rented a plane to fly to Lamar. We
had a crew of about 15 running title and buying leases, with 6 being young
"landladies" fresh out of college. Had a good time .. even though we
eventually had to buy and install our own coffee machine in the Lamar Motel
restaurant kitchen so we could have REAL coffee.

Mighty fine folks in that part of the country, and made some good friends
....reminded me of around Web and Dimmit county, in South West Texas, with
the big ranches and open spaces.

We used to go across the state line to a small bush track in KS for quarter
horse races on Saturdays. Lots of funny stories/memories from that period in
SE Colorado.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/04