U-CDK_CHARLES\\Charles

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 23:21:31 -0800, Don Foster
wrote:
On 27 Dec 2004 11:42:48 -0800, "

I need to figure out the taper angle on a piece of wood. Can someone
help me out?? The piece is 18 7/16" long. The top is 1 11/16" wide

and
the bottom is 2 3/16" wide. What angle would I need to cut that?

Doesn't anybody know how to do simple trig anymore?

Apparently some one does the second post of this thread already
figured out the angle.....

The trig isn't the problem.

It's setting a taper guide to the angle I get when I crunch the numbers.

If I were setting up a machine to make the part, I'd calculate it,
though I'd probably adjust my dimensions so the angle came out a round
number.

This is reproducing the angle on another part, so the actual number
doesn't matter so much as "getting it right."