Al Reynolds

Default Tiling round windows?

"Des" wrote in message
Hello

I'm about to start tiling an ensuite shower-room floor to ceiling. There

is
a rebated window that I'll have to deal with. The tiles are quite

expensive
but have unglazed edges - I gather this is fairly standard these days.

As far as I can see the only way to deal with the external corners around
the window is to use plastic tile beading. I guess I'm going to have to

very
carefully mitre the corners to achieve a professional finish.

Does anyone have any tips or alternative suggestions?

I've used plastic beading, and the mitreing is a pain
where you're trying to join three pieces at the top
corner. Think carefully about the angles.

I've done the grout across the corner as well, and
it's difficult to get the width to be the same as the
other grout gaps. Couldn't use the beading as tiles
were mosaic tiles and v.thin.

How about some of those quadrant tiles they use
for 'round a bath? If they had the right colour
you might be able to use them vertically.
Corners'd be a pain though!

HTH,
Al