"Another tip, I tied the electric power to the fan to a light in the
bathroom.
That way, any time the light is on, the fan is on. With the logistics I
had,
it would have been a royal pain to make a switch for the fan itself."

I would advise against doing that as it wastes energy in two ways.
First, there will be lots of times when you want the light on, but
don't need the fan. With the fan forced on with the light, it's
drawing cooled/heated air and pumping it out of the house. Second,
when you want to leave the fan on for 10/15 mins after taking a shower,
the light will have to be on too.