twfsa

I have the same problem with steam and moisture build up, and I do have a
exhaust fan that is vented to the soffit eves.

I turned down the temp on the water heater, and that has helped but I need a
more powerful exhaust fan, and have not found one as of yet. I have tried to
keep the bathroom door shut when not in use, to keep it and the walls and
tile as warm as possible, so there not that much sweating when the shower is
used.

The fan I have is for a 50sq ft room, but the larger fans don't seem to pull
that much more air.

Tom

wrote in message
ps.com...
I have an older home with a bathroom that has poor ventilation which
causes shower steam to coat the walls with moisture. In effect this
yields unwanted mould on the bathroom ceiling and other places like
tile grout and shower curtains. The differences between my bathroom
and a large petrie dish are begining to blur.
I have accepted the fact that I have to install an exhaust fan come
spring time
so I am begining to do a bit of research on the easiest method to
install an exhaust fan in an older home. I came accross this PDF
http://www.gov.ns.ca/energy/enerinfo/ventold.pdf which is a good start.
After reading this I realized that the most effective way to install an
exhaust fan is on an exterior wall, exhausting directly to the
outdoors. Does any one see any potential issues besides a proper way
to insulate? Looking forward to your replies.

Rainer