brugnospamsia

Default dry lining (again) - best fixing methods ?

Dear Group,

This may well prove to be the first of several posts as I embark on bringing
my victorian terraced house into the 21st century.

The (inside of) the outside walls of my house were badly in need of
re-plastering and are now stripped back to the brick (solid 9 inch). I
therefore want to take the opportunity to insulate.

Maybe I should have started with "how best to insulate a terraced house ?" I
now have uPVC windows and doors, have had the roof refelted and have fitted
between 270mm and 300mm of glass fibre over the new foil-backed ceiling
boards upstairs .....

I have read conflicting reports about the best way to attach
insulation-backed boards to the wall - ranging from "adhesive dabs plus 1
mechanical fixing per board" on a board manufacturer's website to battens
(screwed not nailed) on a London Borough council's.

I have heard rumours of insulation-backed boards coming away around the
"dabs" .....
I have in my possession some plastic drylining fixings :-

http://uk.geocities.com/gentlegreengiant/fixing.jpg

Or should I batten and use seperate insulation batts ?

Any advice on how best to approach this would be very welcome ...

Jeremy,

Bristol UK

---