Silvan

Larry Jaques wrote:

True, true. Remember that calypso song from the late 60s? "If you want
to be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your
wife." It's still true.

Yeah, now that you mention it. Although I didn't actually hear it in
the '60s, seein' as how back then I was an unfertilized egg, and... ? I
can't remember how the sperm production cycle goes. I might have been a
bran muffin and a Pop Tart back then. I think sperm cells are manufactured
on demand from whole cloth (or Pop Tarts) and there's an infinite supply.
Biology was a long time ago though.

(Which is a very complicated way of saying I wasn't born yet. Not until
'72, back when half of you people around here still had hair.)

I just like to look. SWMBO lets me look. No problem.
She knows I couldn't get any of that if my life depended on it anyway.
She

Har! Unfortunately, I grok that in its entirety.

My problem is I'm somewhat decent looking, I'm told repeatedly, but then
people get to know me.

has intentionally avoided fixing my lack of appeal to women to keep me all
to herself.

Smart gal, that one.

Smart enough, I guess. Me too, for that matter. I almost changed schools
to get away from her, because she was so annoying. I finally caved in and
accepted the inevitable. She picked me out in Latin class and wrote
"husband" on my butt in that special ink women use that only people who
have ovaries can read.

Yeah, that's right, I met her in Latin class. Cute, ain't it?

Our relationship has always been kind of weird, but it works. It's less
passion than codependency. She's really not very good at dealing with
situations that involve making a decision. I'm not very good at dealing
with situations that involve people. Together we're a hell of a team.
Apart, we'd both be living with our parents.

(Damn I hope the hospital calls soon. She was due out of surgery two
hours ago!)

Best wishes on a successful surgery and speedy recovery. Give her
a gentle hug for me.

I'll have to take a raincheck on that. As you have doubtless surmised from
my other posts, the hospital didn't call because things got nasty. The
last thing she needs right now is a hug, though if I'm careful I can touch
her pinky without hurting her.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/