Larry Jaques

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 14:06:19 -0500, Silvan
calmly ranted:

Duane Bozarth wrote:

It's a general phenomenon, of course...the precipitation line has to be
somewhere...it just is most often not where we happen to be standing.

True. I was going to mention that earlier this morning, but didn't quite
work it in. As a truck driver I see this quite often. There's a line on
the road. One side is bright and sunny, and the other is a deluge, like
driving straight into a wall of water. Or the reverse too. It's not
terribly rare at all.

That happened to me in New Mexico a few years back. It was hot and
dry (100°+) when all of a sudden I drove under a thunderhead and
had to hit the wipers on FULL SPEED for about 3 blocks, then all
was dry as a bone for the next 100 miles. I had just bypassed Deming
and was heading up the S-26 shortcut to I-25 north when it hit,
right between Florida and Nutt. A raven was flying down the street
toward me about 10' above the white line and just after it passed me,
the wall of water hit me. I could see the cloud shadow on the ground
but couldn't see the rain until I was in it. Weird things like that
are hard to forget. I never figured out what it was trying to tell me
but I slowed down a whole lot that day. insert TwiZo music here

If God approved of nudity, we all would have been born naked.
http://www.diversify.com Your Wild & Woody Website Wonk