John Rumm

Kat wrote:

Thanks for the tip. Was that one of Subaru's 4-wheel drive cars? If so
I'd be especially interested.

Yup, IIRC all/most models are 4WD. Some of the autos have the option of
switching to FWD only. Some of the estates have a low range transfer box
option (doubling the gear count).

My first one (2L saloon) I sold to my FIL 5 years back, that is still
going strong. Replaced with the turbo nutter model I descibed elsewhere
in the thread (ideal Q car - does not look particularly souped up or
sporty until you engage the afterburner). Recently bought SWMBO a 2.2L
estate version. That has the built in roof rails and will carry a
serious load on the roof, plus having volvo style real estate in the
back with the seats folded down.

--
Cheers,

John.