fred

In article .uk, Ed
Sirett writes

Thanks a lot. The latter arrangement I had worked out for myself, but I
can see your first design is less invasive.

You're welcome.

After thinking about this I'm not yet inclined to implement the mod.
At present the bathroom rad is also a simple restricted lock-shield
bypass, so it would become lethal at 80C during water heating.
It would also grossly over heat the 1.8m x 1.6m room.

I might eventually put in a smart bypass and put a TRV on the bathroom rad.

I often run the flow at 50-60 so just a little low to have a cyl stat
set to 60. The following mod would let you set the h/w demand flow to 65
or so to avoid the superheated bathroom rad. There's plenty of room on
the panel for an extra pot, perhaps with the spindle cut short and a
screwdriver slot cut to avoid accidental movement.

Just another one of many variations that could be applied but if your
system is working I understand it is hard to work up the enthusiasm to
tear it apart.

Variable h/w demand control board mod:

+5V
---