effi

"William Deans" wrote in message
news:1104191025.be673e01267660e7d8ee4654eb2f2f8f@t eranews...
Greetings,

I would like to build my own stone home, with my own hands, on my own
land,
with my own money (not the bank's) meeting modern safety and energy
standards. Alas, I am told that I cannot because I am not a licensed this
or
that or the other and they will not let me pull the permits.

then the answer is you can but there are repercussions to you

sounds like you're in an incorporated area, many of which think of
themselves as "governments"

find out the rules in the incorporated area, know the rules, play the game,
or get the rules changed...

I assure you
that the home I would build for myself would be a work of pride exceeding
all standards of workmanship and materials.

This has been a dream in my life. What suggestions do you have for me?

Thank you in advance,

William