AAvK

A Christmas gift certificate is burning a hole in my pocket!

I was about to order Landis' _The Workbench Book_, which I have heard
highly praised, and seen in the library. But I was intrigued by the
description and Amazon reviews of The Workbench : A Complete Guide to
Creating Your Perfect Bench -- by Lon Schleining. Anyone here seen
both books and can give pros and cons of each?

Similarly, I was going to get Leonard Lee's Sharpening book, but see
the new one from Tauton, authored by Lie-Nielsen. Anyone who has seen
both and can offer a comparison?

I have the Scott Landis book "The Workbench Book", this gives four complete
classic designs, total plans you can build from as well as a vast history of wood
working benches, awesome book. I intend to buy the Schleining book but I cannot
comment on it yet. I also have the Lee sharpening book which simply is an
awesome wealth of info on it's subject, in every field of sharpening of every type
of tool from chisels to plane blades to drill bits and kitchen knives, nothing
about your lawnmower blade I don't think...but entirely worth buying. My suggestion,
you have an Amazon gift certificate, just go to a major chain store like Borders
and Barnes & noble where you can compare two books side by side.

Alex