Dave Fawthrop

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 20:34:37 -0000, "Roger Moss"
wrote:

| I have a propane bottle, kept outdoors, that feeds a gas hob and Electrolux
| refrigerator. In sub-zero temperatures I get no pressure indoors, but am
| unsure whether this is due to the regulator having some water in it, which
| freezes and sticks it shut, or water in the gas pipe itself (which should be
| impossible, if the bottles only contain dry propane).
|
| Has anyone had experience of this? Is there an easy way of testing the
| regulator/servicing it/drying it out? I am tempted to put it in a warm oven
| for a while but don't want to damage any rubber components inside it.

I read in the instructions, that there is a hole in my propane regulator
which should be protected from rain. This supports your theory. I would
leave the regulator on the top of the central heating boiler for a day or
two to dry it out. Airing cupboard would do as well.

--
Dave Fawthrop
Subscribe to uk.net.news.announce. A low volume *civilised* newsgroup